Scout Owners: How Much Cartridge?

Just curious how much you would invest in a cartridge for this table. At what price point does the table become a limiting factor in terms of what you can get out of a cartridge. I'm currently using a Dynavector 20XM but am thinking of an upgrade. Should I be considering a new table (perhaps further up the VPI line) or can the Scout (mine has the 300rpm motor upgrade) handle a much better cartridge and still get the most out of it? Thanks.
dodgealum
Scout is a very good turntable, specialy on a symposium platform. Upgrading to the Ultra is even better. What is the tonearm you use ? And the phonopreamp ?
Scout is sited on a Symposium Svelt shelf that rests in a Target wall mount bracket. Arm is the stock JMW-9 and the preamp is an ARC SP-16. I am looking into a separate phono preamp as part of this cartridge upgrade--perhaps an Art Audio Vinyl One, Whest 2.0 or an ARC PH5. Thanks for your assistance.
Hi, I am using a Dynavector XX2MKII on my Scout. I noticed an improvement immediately, but it didn't shine until I put the Signature Arm on it. I have stabilized motor speed with a PS Audio P300 Power Plant, and upgraded my phono stage. This table sounds superb now. If later on you should decide a better table is in order, you won't have to buy a better cartridge to hear the difference, you'll already have it. Works for me.

Enjoy!

Dan
Total gain with ARC SP 16 is 54 dB, should be OK with MM or High output cartridge, I suggest Sumiko Blackbird with that amp. If you are ready to ad an additional phonopreamp, the choice is much wider. I suggest the Graham Slee Revelation+ Elevator (SS) because you can adjust cartridge loading and has many equalisation curves if in the future you ad a mono cart. It is a wonderful phonopreamp with wide band, also price effective. For the cartridge , the Lyra line is very accurate and dynamic, the Helicon is for me very very good for the price.
Post removed