Koetsu cartridges - myth or reality?

Hi guys - I am looking to upgrade my 1 year old Dynavector xx1 MC cartridge - I have heard (and read) for many years that Koetsu cartridges are a great option for those looking for musicality, right timbre and lush-sounding analog.

Digging further I find that some cathegorize them as slow sounding, not great tracking and poor price/performance ratio as well... I am looking for advise from those who have experience with Koetsu - particulary those who moved from a fast sounding cartrdige like Dyna, Clearaudio or Lyra - missing anything once you moved?

Thanks

Fernando
128x128flg2001
What arms would you reccomend for a Koetsu? In particular are their older or less popular arms, ie. high mass, that you would reccomend that would be considerided a bargain, less tha $2000?
I think Raul makes a superlative point("Bravo" for bringing this up Raul)about some arms allowing Koetsus to shine,beyond other choices.

I am always amazed how some Koetsu owners claim sonic nirvana(or the opposite)with some of the arm choices used with them.

Regardless of some claims...these are very good cartridges,and deserve the absolute best in arm matings!

Because of the varying needs of the different models(how many are there now,and from past models?....Like maybe a zillion?) -:).....one should pay really close attention to mating the "best" arm.

This particular subject should "definitely" fall into someone like Raul's "expertise of arms,and match-ups"!!

Good luck
I've been considering a Koetsu as well. I'm curious as to opinions as to which arms match up well. I currently have a JMW 12.5 on a VPI TNT 6. Thanks!
I own both the dyna XV-1 and Koetsu Rosewood.

Yes the rosewood is warmer sounding, slightly fatter less deep bass and a little rolled off - but it sounds fabulous!!
I also have VPI HRX so they will work nicely on the 12.5 arm. Also try if you are game the cartridge man isolator. Works wonders on the koetsu, not so good on the dyna as it was right near the top of the VTA tower.

cheers
I have also been trying to figure out the best matching tonearm for my Jade Platinum. I have just changed amps, and
my system will be back up and running after having been down
for a long 6 weeks. I have had the KJP mounted on my Vector
3 w/ Basis 2500 TT. I have felt as if the Vector 3/ KJP match
may indeed not be optimal. However, I had to address the fact
that my amp was not a good match with my speakers first. I
should have a better idea of where I am at after my new amp
is setup, a Vac Phi 300.1 btw. I guess that I would remind
Fernando that the RSP and all wood bodied Koetsus may give
a bit more options with tonearm choice, as they are lighter
than the stone bodys. I am surprised to hear that the SME
would not work well, as I know of at least one person using this combo w/ great success. He has the SME 5 though. I have
got feedback from two other sources who say the SME's would
work well w/ the Stone series. The other arm that is supposed to be a nice match is the Phantom, , as Gerrym5 uses. Other than that, this has been a tough two nuts to crack.