Synergistic Research's Tricon Phono Cable

I'm trying different cables between my TT and Phono preamp. I've tried Nordost Valhalla and now use Purist Audio Venustas, both sound nice, but since most of the cabling I use is Synergistic Research I was wondering if anybody has experience with the SR Tricon phono cable. I don't see much info about them.

Thanks,
Mike
mjglo
Mjglo:

I too have recently upgraded to the Tricon Analog and here’s my 2 cents: completely agree with Violin’s assessment: worth every penny. I've used Harmonic tech's analog & XLO Signature 1.1 over the past years -- wow, what I've been missing. Sonic descriptions above are completely accurate;

- “it's exactly like all other Tesla cables; bigger wider and deeper sound stage, more realistic harmonic texture, more organic, more WOW”
- “produces bigger, more lifelike images, with a deeper and wider soundstage”
- “the Tricon simply puts the performance in the room, and is quite easy on the ears and is very addictive”
- “the tonality, dynamics, depth, width, everything is there”

I would also add the following about the Tricon Analog: front to back layering and concentric rings of air around each speaker expands the soundstage in my room 6 ft to either side of each speaker. The cable is also very fast…..not aggressive just fast. This cable retrieves (reveals?) recording & venue cues... (reverb, echo, delay etc.) with haunting accuracy unlike any cable I’ve ever experienced -- especially on live recordings. I too have most of my system wired with Synergistic Tesla’s. My Analog front end consists of: Oracle Delphi turntable, Triplanar arm with a Shelter cartridge feeding a CAT Ultimate MK II preamp. I can't see how you can go wrong with this cable; pure magic in my system!
In the process of moving my audio system from the long wall to the short wall of my listening room to take advantage of improved room/speaker coupling, I had to relocate my turnrable to a spot where it took a 3 meter i/c to reach. Having mostly SR cables in my system, I bought from The Cable Co. the Tesla Vortex Analog cable, and it is excellent. I wonder how it might compare with the Tricon. Anyone listened to both?

Best to all, enjoy,

Dan
Just curious if anyone actually compared this to a Silver Breeze or the new Furutech AG-12. This cable seems to line up with my sonic preferences for a big dynamic exciting sound. The other cables are more in line with my budget but I could reach to this if I had to.
I stated my comparisons above on 3-30-08 so you can tell that I thought the Tricon was fantastic. My advice- go ahead and reach for it, you will not be disapointed !!