Am I getting it all?

I have a VPI Scout, Dynavector XX2MKII cart, PS Audio GCPH, going into a Sonic Euphoria passive pre. The sound is quite good, but compared to what is, IMHO, a superb sounding digital front-end, is generally not in the same league. Only on exceptional recordings does my analog front end seem to equal or at times, best my digital gear. I will say, though, that the most intense musical experience I've had on on my system, came while listening to a Tacet lp, Tube Only, of piano and violin. I feel my cartridge set-up is quite good. Does it sound like it's time to go to a better turntable to make any improvement in what I'm hearing? Thanks for the help, Dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xislandmandan
Maplenoll has an oil trough at the cartridge end. Lloyd Walker insists that it sounds better to do it on the other end. Before putting together his own table he was the Maplenoll distributor before Bob Dilger stopped making them.
This is a bit of an update on this thread. Since my last post, I have changed phono pres to the Dynavector P-75 MKII, which makes a superb match with the Dyna XX2MKII cart I am using. A week ago today, I recieved a new JMW9 Signature arm from VPI. I am blown away by how much better the plain old Scout sounds now. I just finished listening to Richard Thompson's Pour Down Like Silver lp on Carthage, and the last selection, side 2, Dimming of the Day/Dargai, I heard the most beautiful guitar I have ever heard (on a recording). Just phenonminal.

I am forced to listen through my 'phones at the moment, (Sennheiser HD 600, w/Musical Fidelity XCanV2) since I have my system torn down to move a probematic wood stove to a different wall, so the audio system can be located in a much more preferable spot. But, as of now, I will proclaim vinyl digital's equal, if not its better.

Thanks for all the previous posts, and as always, enjoy!

Dan
Dan, thanks for the followup, since we often don't hear how things end. Once you get things relocated let us know how the move worked.

Dave
I will, Dave, and I intend to post photos of before and after (too bad we can't do that with sound). I'm having some special tile work done for the stove hearth pad, with two different colors of granite, with some marble inlay. Should be nice, but I'm much more excited about how my system will sound in the new location.

Thanks, and enjoy,

Dan
Hi all,

Update on current state of affairs. Wood stove succesfully moved, audio system in new location, with the exception of surround speakers, which I don't seem to be in any hurry to finish.

Dynaudio's are sounding great in their new home, after much experimentation in placement. This morning, found the best spot yet, 78" from the front wall, 57" from side walls.

Analog front end (Scout w/Signature arm, Dynavector P-75 MKII pre, Dyna XX2MKII cart), improved by quantum leaps by virtue of the addition of Mapleshade Nanomount System, and today, added a PS Audio P300 Power Plant. I am totally amazed at how much difference these two tweaks have made. The P300 stabilized turntable speed, and the little Dyna phono-pre sounds as though it must have had a few kilo-bucks of high-end magic infused into it.

I firmly believe I have arrived where my vinyl source can take me, and it is a very good place to be. All in all, the move, and good purchases on the 'Gon, has made music much more enjoyable than ever before.

Thanks to all who gave valuable input, it was a great help.

Enjoy,

Dan