How do you download your LP's to your computer?

I would really like to be able to play my Lp's through my desktop, how are you doing that? Does the Desktop need a built in DAC? What program(s) are needed and what other hardware?
128x128daveyf
Pro-ject sells a turntable with a USB Port that will download into a PC. Check out their website.
If you have a phono preamp; just want to listen; and don't care otherwise; you could just run a pair of cables between the phono preamp and the soundcard line input. The cable (from RatShack) would have a pair of male RCAs on one end and a small headphone jack on the other.

Ratshack might still have those $30 battery powered phono preamps if you need one.
Bongofury, the TT you suggest looks interesting.
Sugarbrie, I actually want to be able to download to the hardrive so that I can make copies either to my iPod or possibly to CD.
I am surprised that you say that my phono pre-amp can connect to the soundcard, my phono preamp has a pretty large voltage output.
That USB table is availabe at Cosco. It looks like Matel Toy Co. made it. I personally wouldnt want to put my records on such a beast.