walker proscenium

just heard a walker proscenium turntable at lloyd walker's. fantastic it was as if you could hear from in side the music as if you were there. at present i have a vpi hrx with a dynevectoy xv1s cart and thor pre phono. krell evo 202 pre amp krell evo 600 mono amps B&W 800D speakers quality cabling no major high end($). his just blows mine away. my question is it the parts, the whole, the way its set up or what? is it possible that his turntable can make that big of a difference as he says? thanks for you thoughts p.kogan
koegz
I guess I don't write well. I was in no way dismissing the Prosenium tt. I did not have the version with the new arm, but it certainly was an outstanding tt. I merely mean that Lloyd is a genius in putting together a system and tweaking it to perfection. I set up my own tt as I am quite distant from Lloyd. I am sure I never heard it at its best.
Raul,"certainly not the most important one in the quality sound reproduction".....I understand your underplaying a "front end" of this quality based on your general comments,but you miss some of the aspects of this table/arm's performance specifications,that surely "matter",and BIG time!
We are talking of the exact "s-p-e-c-i-a-lt-y" that has made you the Info-maven in all things analog...."the front end"...Where is Ivor Tefenbran(spelling?)?
I simply have to assume that any owner of a Procenium is going to have the rest of the system pretty well under control.That being said,this is the "starting place" for the "delicate" signal,as you have called it.
How can it NOT be of paramount importance in influencing the envelope of a "really" good system?
Look at the aspects of this design,as it relates to spinning a "good" LP!
Ultra massive construction,ultra "low resonant" material composition(boy do I,now,know how important that is),an air suspension and an air bearing(NO RESONANCES),a superb linear arm,that has been greatly improved,and as I understand you can run the ultra high purity phono lead directly to the phono connection,of phono stage,whereas some folks actually directly solder this connection.WHEW!!!!
I have never heard a set-up sporting this front end,that did not directly reflect the absolute superiority of such a design!
It influenced the system performance characteristics greatly.Unless,of course the discs stunk.Possible,in some circumstances! -:)
I know you were trying to be even handed,in your comments,so please take mine in good spirits. -:)
best!
Tbg,

your writing is perfectly clear. One excellent component does not a system make.
Dear Sirspeedy: +++++ " How can it NOT be of paramount importance in influencing the envelope of a "really" good system? " +++++

This was not my statement, please read again my post. Of course that the TT is very important and certainly the Walker " is more important ".

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Raul,the first was "your" quote,and the second one was "my" quote.I totally understood your post.
BTW,I'm just trying to spice things up,a bit,so don't take my posts too seriously.Just in good fun.
So,back to the Walker...."Of course it is soley one component,.....BUT when all else in place,the air bearing platter/air suspension,and the parallel arm,with it's own air bearing will DRAMATICALLY effect a high res system!
Of course,as is well known by you guys,if something like a supposedly minimal add on, like a high quality fuse(for example)has an impact on sound,or some dumb tweak(many do work)than everything has an "almost" equal impact on a superior set-up.
I'd still give major emphasis to something like the Proscenium.You will definitely hear it's presence.

Disclaimer..these comments are well known by most hobbyists,so please don't get the impression I am adding some overblown ego into the equation.My technical knowledge doesn't hold a candle to many posting here.I DO have a decent set of ears,though,and have heard a ton of systems.