the 47 lab RS-A1 arm, and it's clone ?

Lewm
suggest this arm, and I really like the idea . does any one know the best way to pick one up used if possible? they were $500 , from japan years ago .
what are your experiences [ in sound ] ? if it's about this price I will get one .
Is there a DIY clone out there ?
AB
alexthe
Thanks, Lew. I now feel like I did when I saw my SUV on sale for thousands less only a few months after I purchased it. Aargh! ;-)
You are exchanging communications with a man who once owned collector sports cars now worth many millions of dollars. Not to mention why didn't I buy that Ferrari 250GTO back in 1971 for $12,000 (now worth upwards of 5 to 10 million)? I guess one reason was that $12K was more than I earned in FY1971. So, it's all relative, and c'est la vie, etc.

Anyway, patience is its own reward. FWIW, there's an RS-A1 for sale now on A'gon, for more than $500 but with a re-wire upgrade that adds value.
Yeah, I saw that one at $1200/obo and thought ... "Wouldn't it be fun to play with?" Such awesome sound. Such a pain to use.

So I took a cold shower :-)
Someone else did not make it to the shower on time. It sold. And not a bad buy at that. Congrats to the buyer, if he read this thread, and please report to us your impressions of that weird yet wonderful gadget.
I just installed the RS Labs RS3 rotating headshell on my Dynavector arm. Results are very promising. the headshell is not hard to use like the arm and comes with a usable arm lift.

The sound is very airy and "natural" with excellent ebb and flow. Lots of spatial information and life. If you have an arm with a interchangeable headshell, this might be your ticket.

As for the arm, I have not seen one for the low $500 price used but sometimes you'll never know.