TW Acoustic Raven owners

Hi

I recently got my Raven AC, and I already love my new turntable. It is definitly the greatest piece of audio gear I have owned or heard so far. Lately I've seen the Raven has popped up in a lot of threads on this forum, so I thought it was time to start a dedicated thread to share experiences with the TT.

My system is: TW Raven AC/Hadcock 242 SE arm/Empire EDR.9 cart/Whest Audio Ltd PS.20 + MSU.20 phono. I will soon get a Phantom arm which I will use with a Transfiguration Temper V cartridge.

When I mounted the Hadcock/EDR.9 on the Raven AC, I was not really expecting a lot, since both the arm and cartidge are very cheap. Well, I was wrong, and once and for all understood the importance of a good deck. The music flowed from a rock solid foundation and just nailed me to the listening chair. The soundstage is very deep and wide with delicate layering. The music is seamless and totally effortless. But what impresses me most is the ability the Raven has to draw me into the music and show me the heart and soul of the performer. Just beautiful.
I can't imagine how it will sound with the Phantom/Temper in place, but I suppose it will be another step up:-)

What are you're experiences with the Raven, and what arms/carts do you use?

Theo, Copenhagen
freshpuma
Yes Henry. There is an updated chip in the power unit of the table. Get in touch with your dealer and he/she will assist you from there. If you purchased it from HighWater Stereo (Jeff) he is on top of this!!

P.S. Hi All....I got my emim fixed and then(believe it or not) one of my ASL Hurricanes went down. In the repair shop it went. Still without music!!!! OH MY!

Rick
Henry,

I received my chip several months before you received your turntable. You have the latest chip 99%.
Hi Rick and Dgad,

It is great to hear that, So I don't have to worry about the chip anymore and just enjoy the music. Thanks a lot.
When Thomas was in NY he had the chips with him and was going to get them to the peopIe that needed them. (my table was new and didnt need the upgrade) WHat service to get a personal visit from him and Jeff Catalano and get an adjustement!!!!

I just have the lowly budget model Raven One that is hardly worth mentioning compared to the all out Raven's but I recently had some upgrades which have really let me hear what this table is doing. The Tron Seven phono stage really has made this table sing, as well as the Sistrum stand and H-cat pre.

The Raven is now the centerpiece of my system, and though other upgrades are happening at perhaps too great a pace, this table will stay for a very long time, and really allows the high level of playback fidelity to happen.

Don't flame me but I really feel sorry for people spending uber amounts of time and money assembling systems with what I recognize now as sub optimal front ends, both LP and CD. I'm not saying the Raven's are the end all and be all, but after hearing for myself what a truly first class source sounds like in my own system, (and I dont think redbook digital qualifies)
I would make it a priory among all others to get this level of source in a system before upgrading anything else. It has truly turned almost all my LP's into "audiophile" LP's, and that is no small task.
Hi Emailists

I feel exactly the same way as you about my Raven. What arm an cartridge are you using?

Theo