Stockfisch Records

I cried when I started listening to my new Stockfisch LP's that arrived a few hours ago. The quality is unbelievable! Is it possible for vinyl to sound so good? I am dumbstruck...
It is like my system got a facelift!

Is there other Stockfisch users out there?

Dewald
dewald_visser
I have some of their CDs and am vinyl junkie but haven't gotten any LPs yet. Thanks for the tip.
Rives - whoa - get yourself atleast "The Vinyl Collection". It is mind-bending stuff...

DV
Well I guess it's possible that they simply had quality control problems. My only experience with the label was not good, and I'm in no hurry to try it again. I bought the Water Falls double LP from Sara K. It had many surface defects, so I sent it back. The other one didn't sound good either, lots of surface noise. So I just assumed it was a poor label. Obviously I have avoided the label since then.
I have the Sara K CD sponsored by a well known speaker manufacturer. The lack of compression is welcome.

I am not a huge fan of her but the recording is excellent.

I am interested if Stockfisch have done more complex recordings that are equally excellent...recording an acoustic guitar and vocals ain't rocket science, IMHO.

Any high quality work with other more complex instruments to record (drums, a large band etc.)?