New Maplenoll Ariadne owner needing advice

I have recently purchased a maplenoll ariadne. I have tried to learn a little about the table but find very little information. I know the table was discontinued in the 90's but the little i have found indicated it is a very good table. I am interested to learn if there are any tricks or problems to optimizing this table. As most of you probably know, it is an air bearing platter and tonearm. I plan on putting my zxy airy 3 on the arm once I get it set up.
oilmanmojo
Chazro,

the Athena you describe having had was a far cry for the later models which got less and less tweeky. They, as well as virtually any table, still get better given a willingness to get your hands dirty.
Threaders :

A Brief Review of Maplenoll Athea : Athea AB , Athea AB MKII & MKII

Maplenoll made several versions ,noted above, of the Athea ; a air bearing , belt driven , wood / lead , spring suspended record player. Most Maplenoll's can be accurately defined as record players due to the fact they are all-an-one less the phono cartridge.

The Absolute Sound Magazine(TAS) published a 2 part article penned by Eunice Lumley, Volume 11/12, Issues 48/49, Fall 1987 that are a must for any maplenoll owner , but most importantly, Athea owners.

Eunice took 2 years to write the Article(s) using 3 Athea's that she intensly tweaked for next to no-money ($6.). Much of what she generalizes in useful tweaks can apply to other 'Noll's as well.

According to Lumely , all Athea's prior to 1986 are to be avoided due to a myrid of quality & design issues. Eunice wrote that players named "Athea" (ed.with additional designations reflecting post '86 ) are the ones to own .

Maplenoll's claim to fame for the Athea's was the price --$795 w/a alum-lead platter and clunky air pump. However, all tricked out Eunice felt the Athea was the " Value of the Century" or something like that.

Unfortunately, TAS has made a decision not to generally publish articles before Issue 122 for a myriad of potental legal/ownership problems.

Issues 48 & 49 are copyrighted materals so reprinting as a "freebe" can be dicey if not expensive (federal fines) for the publisher. But do not dispair. Thousands of #48/49 were published and most surive to show up on the used market @ $10/$15 who those who know of there value-- $2/$3 for those who do not. Good Hunting.
OOPS: Slight correction(s); The TAS Volume 12 designation is for both Issue # 48 July/August 1987 and Issue # 49 Fall 1987. Again Happy Hunting !
Oh : Eunice is actually Enid Lumely --Single Malt Scotch does it to me everytime.
Threaders: A 'Goner emailed me TAS published two additional articles on 'Nolls penned by Lumley . The articles appeared in Vol. 12 Issues 50 & 51 1987. A audio bud in the process of downsizing his Audio Library , located # 50 & 51 and is sending them to me.

A few days ago I emailed TAS inquiring if they objected to re-printing of Lumley's articles on this thread. No response yet. I'll keep you informed.