New Maplenoll Ariadne owner needing advice

I have recently purchased a maplenoll ariadne. I have tried to learn a little about the table but find very little information. I know the table was discontinued in the 90's but the little i have found indicated it is a very good table. I am interested to learn if there are any tricks or problems to optimizing this table. As most of you probably know, it is an air bearing platter and tonearm. I plan on putting my zxy airy 3 on the arm once I get it set up.
oilmanmojo
Threaders : A good friend suggested that the Stillpoints Universal Resonance Dampers would be a perfect match for the 'Noll . A couple days later the Stillpoints and Risers appeared for sale on the 'Gon and I purchased them.

The difference is dramatic. The table has undergone such a transformation that I'm in a state of disbelief . For the money I have never encountered such a musical change. The Stillpoints are so critical I do not feel I could part with them . In my opinion neither brass or lead can compete with the Stillpoints.

Its essential that the entire kit of risers and points be used so the table can be fully adjusted. A set of 3 risers and points will set you back $400.00 retail. Worth every penny . Check out www.stillpoints.us for the tech. details.
The addition of the stillpoints created an abrupt change in my thinking.

Forget a change in arms...Perhaps forget a radical change to the table. JUST ... Buy the Stillpoints/w Risers ... Remember, the Raven AC comes with them @ $10K US. The AC is also an unsuspended TT.

This whole experience beyond whatever I guessed the the improvement could be , or should be. A 'Noll w/a Stillpoints Pkg. is another table.

I know that I may sound "preachy" but the experience has been mind-bending.
Crem1
What type of stillpoint/riser did you get and how did you install? did you replace the brass cones with the stillpoint cone? The technology basically creates a suspension for the maplenoll. I have experienced how easy vibration finds its way to the music so i understand how this can help. WHat difference did you hear? Were the quiet passages quieter? Just trying to understand where to expect the improvement. On a separate note, have you ever rebalanced or smoothed out your platter. I still have a "bump" in mine that I am working to eliminate myself using a random pattern sander. Do i need to take the platter to a machine shop to have it properly leveled?
Oilmanmojo: The exact product is The Stillpoints , Universal Resonance Damper , www.stillpoints.us , 1-800-830-1557. The Riser is actually a "threaded cup" that allows you to screw in or out the stillpoint for adjustment purposes.

What did I hear ? An entirely different soundstage; deeper 3-D effect, greater space between instruments, voices that float effortlessy in the air, the deepest bass I have ever extracted from LP's with my rig. A musical presentation that enveloped my sences , something I only experienced with TT and Tonearms costing a king's ransom .

I'm in a state of shock how MUCH MORE MUSIC that Table can produce and I have yet to implement all the tweeks suggested by Piedpiper.

As for the platter I have not yet re-balanced mine ... I would consider professional assistance to smooth out the "bump". Do you have a s.o.t.a. model airplane association in your area? I have been told that some groups have professional balancing machines for plane props. Since prop balancing is of such importance to flight I suspect several members maybe of assistence. Just an informed guess.
Oilmanmojo: As The 'Noll Evolves.

The stillpoints are amazing . They rekindeled a passion for change. I now recognize that more air regulation--per Piedpiper recommendations (here and on the Air Pump Thread) and L. Walkers letter--should be implemented to achieve superior regulation of the TT's air supply. Hopefully the efforts will translate into more "musical-ness-ness" or something akin to that.

This is not my first A/S redo but I intend to tweek out more control than in times past. What I currently have is not shabby , but I'm moveing ahead to the land of air regulation.

To that end , I went on a buying sarfari camping @ "Harbor Tools". There I purchased ; (2) Air Pressure Regulators (0-160 PSI) , (1) inline brass in-line regulator ,(2) Oil/Water separators and (1)Charcoal-Type Filter . I also picked-up several solid brass adaptors to reduce the 1/4'' NPT Male Inlets & Female outlets on everything down to 3.17 mm (1/8''). Every purchase was on sale priced -- 50% off , then another 50% on the remaing cost. The total was $19.60. Cheep!

A quick excursion to nearby "Home Depot" was in order where I sourced several more brass adaptors -- a must for the project @ $2.35 per item. A stop-over @ Pep Boys Auto, Small Parts Aisle for "Vacu-Tite T-Valves'"@ $1.99 ea., as well as, several "Purolator Fuel Filters" @ 3.99 ea. On the way home I couldn't resist throwing-a-line @ "Pet Smart" . The Fish Department had all sorts of goodies -- "Top Fin" air connectors, brass T's & Check-Valve/ Air Filters all 3.17 mm sized @ 1.99 each. So its over-kill: I bought'em all. Now its a numbers game ... putting #1 here and #2 there until all is completed. Oh, I didn't forget the teflon tape and pipe joint compound all ready at the Audio-Ranch.

The Ranchero holds a scad of Air Plenum's( Scott Leventhal's design ) and an additional 500' of 'Noll tubing. As I recoop from surgery I intend to tackel the air issue one foot pound at a time. Soon I'll thread back the results. Much more to come (Maybe) .