The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Tvad, you may be right. Long ago when John was still just redoing existing Hartsfields, I gave serious attention to them. I guess I just like Altecs more and don't like the lens concept. A friend has always insisted that the Paragons if raised 18" off the floor on a solid platform are the best speakers, but to my listening they sound too diffused almost like Boze speakers.
Tbg, Usher is the only speaker I heard with Be tweeter + midrange, never heard the Pioneer nor TAD and I am sure they are exceptional as well. I like Usher for its look, sound, and price. TAD is weird looking while Pioneer doesn't nearly go as deep as Usher. Usher BE-20 uses 2 Eton woofers per side, they produce serious bass that is tuneful and musical.
Quad ESL 63 and the 989's...but you need a large room to fully enjoy these magical speakers.
Semi, sorry I haven't been following this thread. Lloyd Walker certainly thinks highly of the Ushers, with his mods of course. I was taken aback by the Pioneers at the RMAF last year, sending many friends to hear them. I do suspect that their bottom end is not a low as the TAD Model 2s or the big Ushers.