Verdier Graham and Shelter???

I am about to buy a Verdier and my cartidge is a Shelter 901.

Now I am loocking for a tonearm wich could match both Verdier and Shelter.

I know that the Shroeder DPS or REFERENCE could be a possible combo but delivery time is several months.

Is the Graham 2.2 a possibility?

Does somebody have an idea ?

Thanks

Tenmus
tenmus
Yes Idle I am going to get it with magnetic suspension version .
Thank you Dave and Bigbucks5 for your answers.

I see you all use long tonearm is it absolutely necessary?

I suppose that they are heavier than 9" tonearms so they are automatically matched with low compliance cartridges ? ( am I right ? )

In that case would my shelter 901 be a good choice .(regarding compliance) with longs tonearms or is it also possible to have good results with a 9"with the Verdier?

Tenmus

PS : I am leaving for Paris today I' ll be back on saturday
Have a good week...
It is certainly not necessary to use a long arm on the Verdier, but a 12" arm can easily fit on this table. The general issue of 9" vs. 12" arms has been discussed frequently. Do a search for the pros and cons. All I can say is that the 12" wand on the Moerch DP-6 is supposed to sound better than the shorter wand. I haven't done the comparison myself. I just went with a known winner. Actually I first heard the 12" Moerch at my dealer on a Verdier. This is his standard setup for the PV.

The longer wand on the DP-6 definitely does not lock you into low compliance cartridges. The Moerch wands are available in different masses so you can match the right wand to your cartridge. The 12" Red is the medium mass version that seems to mate well with a wide variety of cartridges. There is a Blue wand that has more mass and would be better with low compliance models. I would think the Red would do fine with your Shelter 901.

Good luck on your selection!

Dave
I heard from different owners, that the TriPlanar is an excellent match for the very most MMass TT's.
Honestly, Verdier and Graham is rare to see ( I only saw one, but it is fine ), but anyway, the is not much to do wrong with those components.
Dear Tenmus: The Dave advise about the Moerch tonearm is a very good one and the DP 6 can match easy with the Shelther cartridges.
Btw, if you are thinking on the Verdier ( great TT ) I think that you could give a further step in your analog quality sound reproduction changing your 901 for a 90X .

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
I agree with all the above arm suggestions. I'd choose a Moerch DP-6, a TriPlanar VII or any Schroeder over a Graham 2.2 for use with a low compliance cartridge like a Shelter. The SME IV and V are also excellent on a Verdier.

The PV is, as Raul said, a wonderful table. It should be the last TT you'll ever need to buy. Give it the best arm you can afford and you'll be set for life. The DP-6 is especially tempting due to those interchangeable wands. It should be able to handle nearly any cartridge you'll ever own.

I also agree with Raul that, when time and budget allow, a Verdier and a good arm will well repay the investment in a better cartridge than a 901. I may not completely agree with the one he suggested though. ;-)