Manly Steelhead - any downside??

I am thinking of going for a Manley steelhead and have read many great reviews.
One thing that is mentioned consistenly is that it is a little lean.
Does that translate to the music being a little too revealing on the not so good recordings?.
Or does it make these recordings sound better and easier to listen to compared to warmer sounding phono stages?

me I want to to be able to listen and enjoy all my records, so ultra revealing is not something I am looking for in any phono stage.

appreciate any thoughts
downunder
Raul. I don't own a steelhead, hence all my questions. I think it is instructive and a bit of fun getting the thoughts of fellow music lovers both positive and negative. Including your own :)
Ultimately when I get the opportunity to listen to the steelhead I will make up my own mind, at this price it should sound better than any other phono stage I have owned or listened to.

Can't comment about the RIAA curve deviation - do all tube phono stages deviate that much or perhaps manley are just being honest :) Does not seem to make the unit sound any worse.
They do state they have accurate "4-corner" riaa equalisation which covers all the 4 time constants of 3180, 318, 75 microseconds and 3.2us, which the say most phono stages ignore which gives flat response to about 50khz. Not sure exactly what this means, pewrhaps someone else could expand.
Please don't ask him questions. It only results in a scolding and/or lecture. Just tell him he's right and say thanks.
I run the Steelhead through the transformers and prefer the MC transformer input sound quality over the MM. I find with my cartridge that the transformer coupled sound is silky and very enchanting. However, I think that Michael Fremer in his review also preferred the Steelhead through the MM inputs. So this may be a matter of taste/ cartridge/ synergy. However, how many phono stages even give you the option of going transformer/tube or all tube (or all tube/jfet if you prefer)?
Dear Downunder: I think that the best for you is to enjoy it. Best wishes.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.