Manly Steelhead - any downside??

I am thinking of going for a Manley steelhead and have read many great reviews.
One thing that is mentioned consistenly is that it is a little lean.
Does that translate to the music being a little too revealing on the not so good recordings?.
Or does it make these recordings sound better and easier to listen to compared to warmer sounding phono stages?

me I want to to be able to listen and enjoy all my records, so ultra revealing is not something I am looking for in any phono stage.

appreciate any thoughts
downunder
The phono stage of the Steelhead gets wide praise. For those of us interested in a full function preamp, how does the line stage compare to the line stages of other preamps in its class/price category? I'm thinking of CAT, Aesthetix, etc. Please add your own relevant comparisons.
HOw much tube rush to you get at medium and loud volumes.

I just tried the Aesthetix Rhea and it had noticable tube rush and medium and loud volumes.
Downunder, I also had noticable tube rush in my system with the Rhea. Very dynamic though. At medium volume, no tube rush at all in the phono stage with the Steelhead. At full volume there is only a slight amount of tube rush in the phono side and none in the line stage side. At normal listening levels (75-90db)I can't hear any noise from about 2 feet back when the needle is between tracks.
Nothing wrong with the Steelhead at all - except if price IS an issue. If you'd prefer not to pay for the "brand premium", nor huge advertising, tradeshow, and dealer/reviewer demo budgets, consider the Granite Audio 770FP. A spectacular sounding and incredibly built preamp with phono stage from a no-hype manufacturer at half the price.

Here's a review if you're interested:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue6/graniteaudio.htm
Thanks Vetterone. How did you find the sound compared to the rhea?.
EvaAnna from manley said the same thing re tune rush, however always better to get that from someone who owns one.
You and I have the same dyna XV-1s ( great cartridge) What do you load the thing at with the Manley?.

I am hoping to get a demo of a manley next week, living in Sydney that is no mean feat as they are bringing one in!
Did you have much burn in time?