Joule Electra OPS-1 or 2 MkIII

I just bought a Joule LA-200 that Mr. Barber at Joule upgraded to a LA-100 MkIII recently. I'm interested if anyone is using this phono stage with this preamp, or within another set-up. I'm currently testing out the Whest and Hagerman (Trumpet) phono stages, but thought this was an interesting option as well.

Any opinions are appreciated.
clio09
I have a LA 150 and OPS-1 MV, upgraded a couple of years ago from LA100 III and OPS-1 III respectively. Separate power supply for the phono stage. There is slight noise only detectable at very low levels in the high gain seting using a Benz Wood M2, but I still think it sounds fantastic. Source is Nottingham Spacedeck with OL-Silver arm.
Nelsjay,

I too was looking to upgrade to the LA-150 from the LA-100 MkIII. Jud informed me that they do not do this upgrade anymore due to reliability issues. Based on your post I imagine your unit is fine. How would you compare the LA-100 MkIII to the LA-150. I was somewhat skeptical about those Russian tubes, but if the price was right I would have probably done the upgrade.
As a matter of fact, just needed to have the LA150 repaired two years after the upgrade. Jud took care of me and it is now working fine again. Comparing the two (which is tough, because obviously can't do it side by side), I would say the LA 150 is more detailed and dynamic with greater extension at both ends, though may lose some of the lushness of the LA100.
Nelsjay,

Thanks for the response. It was as I expected it to be. I have also heard that the LA-150 is a bit closer to solid state in its sound. I am very happy with the LA-100 MkIII and would not consider buying a new LA-150, but if I saw a used one at a good price I might not consider it. More likely, I may want the OPS2 which I believe has a volume control.
I would agree with Nelsjay. I owned the LA 100 MK III for about a year and currently own the LA 150.