Benz LP vs. Dynavector XV-1s

Has anyone compared the Benz LP with the Dynavector XV-1s? I am going to upgrade my cartridge soon. Currently I am using the Lyra Helikon (standard version). Thanks.
audiolui
What a shock! A dealer posting his preference for something he sells over something he doesn't. I don't believe it!
:-)
I own a Lyra helikon, used to own a Benz Ruby2 low ouput and recently upgraded the Dynavector XV-1 to XV-1s.
I would whoheartly agree with Raul and Jtinn (even if he is a dealer :) that the XV-1 is significantly better than either the helikon or Ruby.
The ruby in my system seemed to be dark and rather grainy compared to either the helikon or XV-1. Some may say the ruby is a good choice for a brighter system, I would disagree with that. the XV-1 is a lot more natural and relaxed, so it seems to be easier to listen to than the benz regardless.
the helikon is very fast and neutral, however seems to lack the life and natural harmonics that the XV-1 has. I still have the helikon on my other armwand so would like to try the Titan on day.

The XV-1s compared to the XV-1 maintains its great naturalness but adds a little more transparancy and purity in the treble and maybe a little firmer in the bass.

I have not heard the benz Lp, however a friend of mine has the LP and VDH Frog and he seems to prefer the Frog's more vibrant view of music.
downunder,
Thanks for sharing your experience with these cartridges. It seems more people prefer the XV-1s.
I have not heard the Dynavector,so cannot comment.I am intimately familiar with the sound of the Helicon,in my friend's set-up.He is an AVID and FANATICAL record collectoer,so I've heard a very wide variety of program material.He has recently had the Titan,which replaced the Helicon.He now has the "New and Updated" Titan.Here are my observations,as well as almost all of our listening group.

The Helicon was,and is, a fabulous product,for the money!One need make NO excuses for owning it!The Titan significantly outperforms it,in virtually any meaningful area.Especially the newer,and improved Titan.

The Titan excels in "subtle inner detail",and very fine dynamic shadings.It really has to be heard on a great system,to appreciate what it can do.My pal has a superb system,and a wonderful analog front end,so,he really maximizes the (any) cartridge's potential.His set-up consists of CJ ART linestage/phonostage,with CJ Premier amps(for mid on up),and Krell amps driving his woffer towers (yes,two towers,Raul)!

Just as a point of perspective,I'll add:we were over his home recently,before the heat wave set in(as he runs a total of 42 tubes)which raise the room temp really fast,in summer.He was playing the "first pressing" Decca,of Ted Heath- "Music of the Big Band Era".A jazz version of the Mercury-"The Composer and His Orchestra".WOW--The Titan's dynamics(in this improved version),coupled with the incredibly palpable timbral accuracy,simply blew us all away.Inner details,that really allowed us to hear reeds clicking,as well as a plethora of fine detail.

All in all a STUNNING cartridge!!BTW-I don't own it,so my comments are purely my opinion,in a friend's set-up.Best wishes!
Well, I think, there are two ways out there:
The first from those designers, who are able to "improve" their former design, of course in a way, that the newer is "much" better and they can do it for years and years.
All owners are proud to own that " newest, updated MK3.5.2 " product, the question is, "how long" ? To avoid that question, a test report is needed ( an enthusiastic one of course ).
Great.
And then is another group of designers, a few, I think, which are able to do it right the first time.
Unfortunately, some of these are not really mad for reviews ...
Taste and listening is different.