VPI JMW-9 "signature" tonearm???

anybody know anthing about or listen to the vpi jmw-9 tonearm "signature"? is the only difference the valhalla wire? how is the sound of the arm changed?

--will
wrtickle
I called VPI on this about 4-5 weeks ago and they said they were waiting on the cable from Nordost...guess it has arrived.

From what I know so far, the Valhalla wire is the only difference. I believe its a $300 upgrade, check VPI's website to be sure. I'm thinking about upgrading to a Scoutmaster and adding in this nice little extra when I do.

Check TAS about 1 or 2 issues back, HP does a mini write up on the Valhalla wire add.
Didn't the original have Discovery wire? I don't know how you can get much better than that.

The same signal goes through the cable from the table to the phono stage. I wonder if they will upgrade the VPI Tonearm cable, which IMHO is excellent.

Regardless, I won't knock it until I hear it myself.
Correction to my above post, looks like the signature version of the JMW 9 is a significant upgrade.

Straight from the VPI webpage...
New JMW-9 Signature tonearm – The Signature version of the JMW-9 features a stainless steel bearing assembly, fine tracking force adjustment on the counterweight stem, Nordost Valhalla wiring. It has 2.5 grams more effective mass for lighter cartridges of low compliance, a larger more solid design, variable pivot fluid damping, and mechanical anti-skate control.
The JMW-9 "Plus" is the standard 9 arm that is wired with Valhalla wire, it is $300. The JMW-9 "Signature" is the one that Dlwask is talking about, it is $1400 upgrade, or $700 with the trade in of your old JMW-9. Has anyone seen any pics of this arm ? Might be a worthwhile upgrade for $700

"Mechanical anti-skate control????"

I want to see this!!! Unless that means you "mechanically" twist the wires, as in the past.