Guilty pleasure,Del Shannon,C.Baker etc.

O.K....I'm setting myself up for it..but, people have
come out with their like for Country stars...etc. So, as
much as I like Mozart, Gershwin, Miles, Sarah Vaughn, Diana
Krall...etc..etc...I must admit to a serious liking for
some people of less note...ie: Del Shannon, Rosie Clooney,
Chet Baker (some of the best "make-out" music ever)...and.
damn if that CD of standards that Anne Murray did isn't fun
to listen to... There, I feel better.....or do I?
whatjd
How about mid 70s Linda Ronstadt (When will I be loved, Tumbling Dice, etc.) Altho My Little Runaway definately is also up there.
Swampwalker....thanks for the reminder..I had almost forgotten how much I had enjoyed mid-'70s Ronstadt. If you
have a chance to find one..The Valarie Carter album from
that time perior "Wild Child" is great. Jim
Here is part of our dirty laundry list. 1. Herb Alpert "Second Wind", my pick. 2. Yvonne Elliman "Yvonne Elliman", this is my wife's pick and she attended a party at her place in London in the 70's which may be a part of the attraction. 3. Johnny Rivers "Anthology 1964-1977", my pick mainly for "Secret Agent Man". 4. Razor & Tie "Sampler" for a couple of songs by 38 Special, my pick. 5. Marlene Dietrich "Live at the Cafe De Paris", my pick. 6. Johnny Mathis "The Ultimate Hits Collection", my wife's pick. 7. Boney M. "32 Superhits", my wife's pick. 8. "The Simpson Sing the Blues", both of us. 9. Jimmy Jackson "Pull String Angel" a CD that sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom by a very mediocre guitarist but he does an instrumental of "Ghost Riders in the Sky", my pick.