What is the best phono preamp you have heard?

Please list them down! Thank you
rapogee
Lamm LP2 and Aesthetix, and the phono stage of my Jadis JP200. The Lamm phono/Jadis line combination is very synergistic. I would also imagine that a currently updated Vendetta would be among the best units around, if it exists.
I have an ancient outboard phono preamp...PS Audio II, which dates from the early 1980s, and was the original product of the firm. It consists of a single top quality circuit board, with top quality parts, inside an elcheapo folded aluminum shell with wooden ends. Who cares what it looks like as it is mounted out of sight. I think it cost about $275 (1980 dollars).

The circuit consists of complementary amps using very low noise transistors, and a passive RIAA equalization network between stages (instead of heavily equalized feedback). This was unique at the time. Does anyone use this approach now?

Anyway, I have yet to hear a better phono section.

PS Audio did come out with a later model, where the power supply was relocated to another box, but I don't know why because there was never a hum problem with the original model. They also evolved the design into a full preamp, with line level switching. When they jacked up the gain for MC pickups the results were not so hot. I used a transformer with mine, and it worked well.
Rushton pretty well has taken the words right out of my mouth. I can't speak as an owner but I have a good friend with the full blown Aesthetix Io Sig. and it is pure pleasure! As for myself I recently acquired a Rhea and Calypso. Even in a head to head with the Io it comes real close to everything I have ever wanted out of a tube phono amp and paired with the sister preamp it works out real nice. IMO other than Ralph's Atma-sphere MP-1 w/phono, I have not heard anything close to Jim White's Aesthetix gear. A lot of folks have mentioned Lamm and Janis gear repeatedly through these threads on the subject of tube amplification, I have never heard either of them, but would like to very much.