TT/ cartridge recommendations $1000

I recently bought a Rogue 99/88 preamp/amp combo and Meadowlark Shearwater Hot Rod speakers and want to enjoy my old vinyl again. Can I get a new TT/cartridge combo that will work well with this combo for about $1000 or less ? Thanks for your recommendations.
bigo
Ditto on the Well Tempered. Stay away from the Technics; it'll be worth zero on the used market - unless that doesn't matter to you. For cartridge: Grado (sealed on used market) or Koetsu Black (w/ low hours from original owner)or Glider.
The modified 1200 is unrivaled in its price class. It's reliable, musical, has a service manual, parts and will handle low output MC cartridges. Totally non-Voodoo. Will last a lifetime...I bought it as my last TT. It's used by serious audiophiles all over the world. Right now about a thousand are made each month. Unrivaled production numbers in the analog world (therefore its high performance/price ratio). Goto www.kabusa.com/
psychic,
not to put the 1200 down but its not an audiophile grade tt. the arm and bearings are just a little to massive and crude. damper or no, the money can be more wisely spent on say a music hall mmf5 ($500 incl cart), or something more refined on the used market.
the $100 market can produce some fine results if the mney is carefully spent.
......regards.....tr
Tommy, I gave this issue some serious thought. I also looked at the MMF-5, Rega P/3, Sumiko Projects and the Sota Comet. My final choices came down to the Sota Comet or the Technics. Musicality was only one of the many variables involved in my decision. I know the tonearm is one of its musically weak points. Service life, parts availability, reliability and 'fun to use factor' influenced my choice. The 1200 is a fun TT. Girl friendly, too! ¿Comprende?

I just got a used marble cutting board at an estate sale for $15. It is over 5/8" thick. I'll put a bicycle tube under it and my Technics will be isolated (another musically weak point). There's an audiophile from Italy that is saying his modified 1200 rivals his SME setup. Some serious words...

Right now my 1200 beats my Cambridge D300-SE CDP. I'm only using a $49.95 Grado Presige Blue...just wait till I get a MC cartridge and the tonearm damper...

Regards,
if yure patient, ewe can find an older oracle w/a decent arm, that whencoupled w/a decent cartridge like an ortofon mc25-fl, will still be in the $1k ball park. and, ewe can upgrade it to latest specs as budget allows. & ewe can keep an eye out for a low-hrs used spendy cartridge. or, if ya prefer a vpi mk-iv, or a wacuum sota or a well-tempered, or ??? i tink someting like this will be yer best sonic bang-for-buck.

doug s.