Tube for aesthetix pandora / romulus

Hello,

I own an aesthetix pandora dac and i am thinking of upgrading its tubes:
- 2 E83CCS or 12AX7
- 2 6922 (6DJ8)

I have been advised to get mullard, siemens or telefunken nos valves

I don't know anything about tubes...

Would you have recommendation? Advises? Tips? Good tubes sellers?

Thanks and regards
G.
guiche
G
Whats the rest of the system and what would you like to
have happen when you change the tubes?
Thanks JohnnyR
You can call Aesthetix and they can provide selected current production tubes, or you can call Vintage Tube Services if you want to try NOS tubes. Vintage Tube Services is the NOS tube dealer recommended to me by Aesthetix. They did a great job on NOS tubes for me with my Aesthetix Calypso and Rhea.
Big fan of Brent Jessee who is very knowledgeable seller of tubes. On 6922, i have owned/own: JAN Phillips, Sovtek, Mullard, Amperex, Telefunkens. My personal favorites for even-keeled mellifluous music making are Amperex and Telefunken. The Amperex a bit more old-world, the Telefunken a bit more modern sounding...more 'straight up' detail. Neither inexpensive. Mullards also great and cost less. JAN Phillips fantastic for the money but super-microphonic...use an EAT tube damper with them so you dont get microphony (echos/vibration sensitive). Sovtek like bathtub gin...rough, not for me.
Jim at Aesthetix uses the best easily obtainable tubes and that is Russian. They however are not the best sounding. If you want a more natural sound you have to tube roll. In my system I like Mullard's and Amperex.

The tubes I've settled on are Mullard 12ax7 goal posts, either halo or square getter. These are from the late 50's.
And Telefunken E88CC (6922). If you can find Telefunken E188CC they might be even better.

I am going to try Amperex Holland D-foil getter 12ax7 soon as an experiment.

PS: I did not like the Telefunken 12ax7 or the USA Amperex 7308. These comments only apply to Aesthetix as these tubes could be ideal in other applications.