use to get the best quality out of Tidal, or is this the
maximum I can get out of Tidal.
using
Ma5200 with On board Dac
Sonus Faber Olympica II
Emotiva Speaker and Co-AX Cables
Sonos Connect
beshair
Did you test the auralic aries using tidal using 24 bits as the sonos is a 20bit resolution.

Auralic recommends usb connection which the sonos does not even have one.
Streaming is not as good as the player and running through a squeezebox or other device via a 3rd party plugin seems best. I think you can maximize the browser playing buy shutting everything off and not touching your keyboard but streamed music via a download connection is easilly effected by alot of things. I see the downloaded player being a lot better and I'd LOVE to tear it apart but I am using the squezebox so just hanging for know. Listening to music has not been this fulfilling since I got my first radio! Eyeing the auralic, etc but I suspect and hope Magnun Dynalab or some of the other big boys team up with tidal to offer something soon.
Swamp walker

Contact Neal at Musicvault. He can remotely reconfigure your MV to stream Tidal. He did it for me although to be honest I think Tidal sounds better streaming through my Auralic Aries.

Good Luck

Scifi
Thx, Scifi. I may just do that. I installed the ickplayer plug-in and installed the tidal player on my MV server. Now I see ickstream under My Apps on my transporter, but Tidal is nowhere to be found.
Swamp...you don't install the Tidal webplayer. You install the Tidal App into ickstream. You have to follow kind of closely the instructions when you get ickstream installed, then install the Tidal App.

Once you choose ickstream on the Squeezebox, you will get a sub directory that has the Tidal App in it.

I agree with Scifi, have Neal do it, that's part of his service when you buy the MV.