Amp Recommendation for Vienna Acoustics

I own a pair of Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand. Currently using a Conrad Johnson CAV 50 Controlled tube amp. I love the warm sound of the CJ and VA , but the bass can be a bit bloated and ill defined at times. I really like a nice clean,extended tight bass.
I was wondering if a different type of amp would help tighten up the bass - More power, solid state with a high damping factor?
I tried moving the speakers away from the wall an extra two to three feet and it helps , but does not solve the problem.
I have heard the Vienna Acoustics in show rooms with high power tube amps, different speaker cables,interconnects and still heard the bass issue.

I was curious if there would be a amp that would help this , or if I just need a different speaker to obtain the nice clean , detailed bass extension.

I have also tried subwoofers to see if it would help. It did help to a point . but did not solve the problem.
timo62
Marqmike , What you said below here on your last post is exactly where I am at now.

"I have found on the Mozart Grands the most difficult balance is what you are dealing with. Components, mostly the amp in this case, that control the lower midrange and below, and then do not have the spectrum above that get a little thinner, harder, brighter, or edgier compared to fuller sound of the lower frequencies."

The big question is which brand of amp/preamp or integrated combination?

I did really like what The Musical Fidelity M6si did for the Mozarts lower midrange and below. The upper midrange and above were a little brighter than I would have preferred , but it still sounded very musical.

I did recently talk to a dealer that sells Vienna Acoustics and he had said that VA themselves like Primare amps , specifically the Primare I32 Integrated.

I guess it is time to do some research and audition if possible , all the brand model amps that have been mentioned here so far in this thread.

Since the Musical Fidelity was the first solid state that I have tried , I think it might be a good reference point to start with. Anyone familiar with the Musical Fidelity M6si, or there line of products, that could recommend an amp/pre or integrated that would have the same qualities , but would be smoother-warmer sounding in the upper midrange and above?? Might just need to start a new thread on this matter.
I recently heard the VA Liszts driven by Ayre AX5. The sound was absolutely terrific. The dealer then dropped the AX7e into the system. It was more than able to drive the Liszts, and still sounded very good, though the superiority of the AX5 was clearly apparent (and at nearly 3x the price, one would hope so). Makes me wonder what the AX7e would sound like with the Mozarts.
Twoleftears ,

I will keep the Ayre in mind. I have heard the Arye with Vandersteen and it sounded good. I guess I would have to find a place where they had both products to know for sure the synergy between Ayre and the Mozarts. I do believe that it is recommended using balanced connections with the Ayre AX-7E to get the full potential out
of them. That would require more changes in my system. I have all single ended gear.

I am open to all suggestions , or possibilities though. Who knows , I might be happier moving up the line with The Vienna Acoustics and finding the right gear to match.

Post removed 

OP-

add- Rogue Audio and ARC for tubed gear.

Classe' and Primare gear for solid-state.