"Undo" biwiring?

If I have speakers with bi-wire terminals and only want to use single wire cables, is there any reason I can't desolder the wires from the low frequency posts and solder them to the high frequency posts or vice versa? Seems to make a lot more sense then adding expensive jumpers (which have made a difference in my experience), yet I have never seen this done or suggested. I would also need one less set of binding posts if I wanted to upgrade.
eugene81
No. I am saying that regardless of the wire he chooses, it doesn't matter whether he solders it internally or wires it as a jumper externally, it will make no difference at all.
No. I am saying that regardless of the wire he uses, it doesn't matter whether he solders it internally or wires it as a jumper externally, it will make no difference at all.

If he wants to rewire internally, he is only making more bother for himself.

(This whole thing is a tempest in a teapot. 2-3" of wire is unimportant.)
Thanks for the clarification, Kal. I was envisioning that no additional wire would be needed to change the connections internally. In any event, we're on the same page with respect to the bottom line, which is that there is no point in doing anything internal to the speaker.

Regards,
-- Al
Well, that's more complicated since I will need to acquire
additional "internal wire" to use as jumpers or
disconnect, shorten, and reconnect the internal runs. It's
far easier to combine the connections. It would also be
nice to recover a whole 4 piece set of WBT nextgen binding
posts I previously installed and use them elsewhere.
Eugene81, this thread doesn't need to be complicated. Your idea is perfectly fine. If you are happy that you are not going to biwire then shifting the wires internally to one post each for postive and negative is actually the best solution.
It has the advantage of eliminating 1 set of connections plus the additional jumper wire which has to be an improvement..