Anyone has heard the Bel Canto REFLink Asynchronou

I am curious to know whether this would be a worthy addition to my Bel Canto 2.5 Thank you.
dlavoie
Scottmac62 - your comments are very interesting. Two people at Computer Audiophile came to the oposite conclusions.

User Blake had written:

"I rank the converters as follows:

1. BADA using aes/ebu output.
2. BADA using s/pdif output.
3. Tie between the Legato and REFLink using aes/ebu
4. REFLink s/pdif
5. uLink with iFi iUSB
6. uLink without iFi iUSB

The BADA with aes/ebu really stands out from the rest and is the clear, undisputed sonic champion by a very noticeable margin."

That was from former mLink and uLink owner, who initally wanted to upgrade to the REFLink.

Original post

User guydebord also came to similar conclusion, where he found the Berkeley Alpha USB to be superior to REFLink. He said: 'The Berkeley Alpha USB interface is in a league by itself, I just called the dealer to let him know that Im keeping it.' He ended up getting one as well.

Original post

It seems that there is some special synergy in case of Bel Canto REFLink feeding Bel Canto 3.5 DAC via the ST connection.
"
04-05-13: Yincr
Hi Scott, are you using the RefLink and DAC3.5VB MKII with ST Fiber?, have you compared this combo using spdif and ST Fiber
"

I had the REFLink connected to DAC3.5VB MKII with the ST fiber cable and using a Audioquest Hawkeye SP/DIF. I don't think there was a clear winner for me. The ST fiber cable did have better resolution but seemed thinned out the lower registers a bit when compared to the Hawkeye. The Hawkeye did not have quite the clarity of the ST but added some extra weight to the bass and presented the highs with extra smoothness. Ultimately, I went with the ST fiber mainly because I wanted to free up some cash and sold the Hawkeye. I think ideally it would be nice to have both though.

Quick question to REFLink owners: any opinions on aftermarket power cords?
A2x024, I will have to revisit the st fiber vs spdif. My first brief comparison had
too many variables in the chain. I have recently had a power outage, and the
Reflink can take up to 180 hours to settle in after shut off. Also, I was using the
inexpensive Stereovox digital cable. I will have to plug in my Synergistic Research D2 RCA cable in the mix.

As for USB cables I have auditioned several. A Wireworld cable at around 1000$. A DH labs at around 60$. A Synergistic Research at 500$. In my system, I did not hear a big difference between the DH labs and the wire world.
Now the Synergistic Research Tesla cable is in a different league. More air and sweeter highs. Highly recommended. My power cord is the Synergistic Research Hologram D. It is also amazing. Another finishing tough is Stillpoints
footers.
I have a wyred 4 sound dac-2 which has the asych usb. Anyone tried one of these convertors or similar with the wyred. What were the differences observed and do you feel the price was justified? Right now I prefer the toslink out of the mac mini to the usb. Thanks
I tested the W4S DAC2 with its own internal USB as well as the Wavelink HS. The Wavelink HS was IMHO better. Less veiled and with a better sense of imaging and soundstage.