Need help with Apple Airport Express

I bought an Apple Airport Express so I can connect my Marantz SR-7007 to my wireless network. I want to use it as a wireless client. I have an iMac and AT&T uverse is my Internet provider. The Airport Express configures properly ONLY IF it is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable. I can not get it to work with the Wireless network. I've googled directions and tried everything. Can anyone help, or do I have to have an Apple tech come to the house ? Thanks
mabonn
Mabonn,

Have you downloaded the most recent installer version? If you have the newest Express and are trying to sync it to your network using an outdated installer, you will experience exactly what you describe.
I finally got it working. Apple tech support called me back today and walked me thru it. When I first spoke to them Sunday , they had me connect the computer to the wrong port on the airport express. Not to impressed with that, but I am pleased that the tech actually followed up with engineering, got the correct solution, and called me back when he said he would. Thanks for all your replies. Matt
The AE is one of the harder Apple products to set up. You have to use a paper-clip to reset it, and then to configure it you have to join its own wireless network that it broadcasts. Then you can configure it using the Apple AE utility software. I personally had one for a while and then recently upgraded to a Squeezebox Touch. I wish I had skipped the AE altogether, as the ST is so much better.
Markhyams, I hear you. I have a ST in my 2 channel system, in a different room. I bought the AE for my HT system. If I had it to do over again, I would probably get another ST. I may upgrade at some point. Thanks, Matt
It works, but it stops occasionally (for buffering?). Is this a problem with the AE, or do I need to increase the Internet speed ?