Programmable remotes

Has anyone used aftermarket programmable remotes like the Logitech or Philips with their audio gear? I am thinking specifically of the Bryston products like the BDA-1 or BDP-1.

I would like to use a Philips SRT-9320 with my Bryston BDA-1, PS Audio PWT, and Parasound JC-2. I have remotes for the Parasound and PS Audio, but not the Bryston. Besides having three separate remotes for each of these (which is a PIA), the Bryston remote is very pricey and much more expensive than the aftermarket remotes.

I have considered the Logitech versions, but am turned off by the myriad of negative reviews posted on poor reliability and poor CS.

With respect to the Philips, it would be nice to know if products like the Parasound, Bryston, and PS Audio are pre-programmed into the SRT9320.
dhl93449
I use a Logitech w/Marantz, NAD, and Samsung TV/DVD. In 30 minutes, I had all codes downloaded off site, and it works perfectly...love it.
I use a Logitech. Had to use the learning feature for BAT, NAD, and Wyred 4 Sound components but that works well because I can remotely control obscure features like dimming displays, changing phase, etc. If I remember correctly the Arcam CD functions were in their database and didn't have to be learned one function at a time. Nice thing about the learning feature is you can combine functions for several components into one set. When I press the music button on top it controls my CD plus integrated amp. When I press the TV button it controls the TV, cable box, and the receiver for the TV sound through a pair of PSB monitors. It can be a little frustrating and takes patience but if you stick with it you can make it do exactly what you want.
Thanks for the info, folks.

I guess no one is using the Philips. Logtech is clearly the market leader and their online configuration utility is nice (when you can get to a server).

I am not crazy about the motion detect function on most of the Logitech models since I have heard it will do strange things if you ever drop it. It is also very slow turning on sequence of devices, and may be tricky of your devices are scattered in different locations (and you don't have the very pricey RF model).

The Philips has a learn mode for use with other remotes but this won't help me much with the Bryston, so it would be nice if I could get a listing of the pre-programmed supported products.
I've owned 3 Logitech remotes and found they work fine and are reasonable to program.
Don't waste your money on an expensive one. I've been using ones in the $80 - $100 range and they do everything I need.
They last a long time and because they are only $80 it is no big deal when it wears out or gets damaged.
My first one lasted many years and then some of the buttons stopped working so I got another one the same and just dumped the same programming into it.
The 2nd one was destroyed by leaking DURACELL batteries.
Duracell paid for my 3rd Logitech remote and it is still going after several years using eneloop rechargables.

I use it to control my Yamaha amp and SACD player as well as the TV, PVR and DVD. It can even control the Air con.
FWIW, two friends of mine had Logitech remotes and they both failed within a year. I've been using a Universal Home Theater Master remote for 15 years with no problems. Probably not as slick as the Logitechs, but certainly not hard to program and can handle just about anything.