Any opinions on the AMR Digital Processor 777 Dac?

I am wondering what users are thinking of this dac and if they have compared it to similarly priced units. I haven't seen much information or any professional reviews at this point and I am intrigued by it's functionality.
schw06
Sirotseta...do you still own it? What did the DP-777 replace in your system? Do you use it as a DAC-only or also as a preamp as well? Any and all feedback would be appreciated. Thx
Cmalak,
Yes I still have it at my office and using a Mac mini driving it direct to power amp (GamuT D200). Does not have any other source connected so couldn't comment on how good it functions as a preamp. It replaced a Weiss DAC202 in the same system.
I will say at this point it is the best dac I have heard. I replaced my Bidat with Plus mod with a MSB Power Dac, the MSB in turn got smoked by the Metrum Octave + the Sonicweld Diverter HR. I am using the DP777 with my mac mini feeding it directly. It's built in USB connection was so good I sold my Diverter HR. I have not to this point heard anything quite like it.., and I have hear a lot of dacs. The AMR is so good, I really just don't have a lot to say about it other than just do yourself a favor and go hear the unit. I bought the DP777 and I have been thrilled with my latest aquisition. I have my mac mini usb connected and use Pure Music in Hog Mode for music. I have the analog out of the mac mini feeding one of the analog inputs on the AMR for movies and Pandora...etc.

The other analog input is connected to my PS3 for Blu Ray movies and such. It is a very very very function control center as well as a superior music making machine.

Also I can report that the built 71 step resistor matrix array preamp has a transparency that is uncanny.

It is amazing what this thing offers for $5K.
I had the chance to do a direct A/B with the new Audio Horizons top DAC the 3.1Sv+ (Its not even in their website yet), the 3.1Sv+ with E88CC NOS is $4.9k, the 777 as you know is $5k.

I'm still in the process of choosing, but there was something with the AMR and depth and instrument placement that just couldnt convince me immediately. On the other hand, the Audio Horizons showed more detail, 3d depth and was slightly more musical, effortless and analogue sounding. What is keeping me from not jumping to buy the Audio Horizons? The preamp of the AMR, which is very good, and it might be a necessary sacrifice.

I will continue my audition of the two, so far I have eliminated the usual suspects: Weiss 202, BADA, PS PWD, EMM MA-1, Naim Dac.

I will post again with more detail. Digital has sure leveled up with vinyl...
The DP-777 is here, used with an optimized HP touchscreen music server.

If you are in the Chicago area you can come for a demo or request an in-home audition. The CD-77.1 and CD-777 also are on display.

Authorized AMR dealer.