Any opinions on the AMR Digital Processor 777 Dac?

I am wondering what users are thinking of this dac and if they have compared it to similarly priced units. I haven't seen much information or any professional reviews at this point and I am intrigued by it's functionality.
schw06

Showing 2 responses by guydebord

I had the chance to do a direct A/B with the new Audio Horizons top DAC the 3.1Sv+ (Its not even in their website yet), the 3.1Sv+ with E88CC NOS is $4.9k, the 777 as you know is $5k.

I'm still in the process of choosing, but there was something with the AMR and depth and instrument placement that just couldnt convince me immediately. On the other hand, the Audio Horizons showed more detail, 3d depth and was slightly more musical, effortless and analogue sounding. What is keeping me from not jumping to buy the Audio Horizons? The preamp of the AMR, which is very good, and it might be a necessary sacrifice.

I will continue my audition of the two, so far I have eliminated the usual suspects: Weiss 202, BADA, PS PWD, EMM MA-1, Naim Dac.

I will post again with more detail. Digital has sure leveled up with vinyl...
Not long ago, I auditioned all the new kids on the block. Fully burnt AMR777, Berkley Alpha 2, Weiss 202, PS PWD 2, EMM MA-1 and the Audio Horizons 3.1Sv. Plus some other older and established models.

The result, I just sold my $24k analogue kit, it finally happened, digital equalled and/or bettered my vinyl. I kept the Audio Horizons 3.1Sv, without doubt the most analogue sounding of them all, the others cannot match the musicality, depth and natural separation. If you are looking for a new dac and have the dough, you are committing a serious mistake if you dont audition the Audio Horizons, I believe I have never heard a better dac at any price.