Best tube dac available?

I am looking for suggestions for the best tube dac available. I have heard good things about Audio Note, Zanden,and Ypsilon. I only plan on using it for red book cd's.
husk01
As a baseline, I would give the fully loaded Audio Horizons Tube DAC 3.1 at try and compare it to those heavy hitters. They have free trials. You may be very suprised and save yourself a ton of money. Make sure they supply good tubes for evalutation if you go that route.
Hi Teajay,

we have not chatted for a while since my depart and selling my MBL 1621a trans and AA Tube dac off due to not using it much, preferring my vinyl set-up.

It's great to see you are still searching, I read your review and contained some great info. thanks for sharing.

Husk01 is a friend and looking for a external dac for his server so that's why I have been brought back into the loop.

I notice this dac you refer to only offers rca connection to your pre and only one digital connection which is also rca is that correct?

I was kinda shocked seeing these only being offered on such a expensive pce. Really does not provide any options.

I know I would not be too happy because in my current set-up because I spent allot of time and money alone comparing the different digital cables connections offered and my prefference was AES. I also use XLR for my connection from dac to pre so I would also have to get a new pair but in rca.

What are you currently using for your digital cable and IC connection to pre.

Great to read you are enjoying!
I have the Audio Logic 2400 tube dac which i love.
2 tube dacs which my friends have raved about are,
Accustic Arts Reference Tube DAC,
Here's a review on audiogon for the Accustic Arts Reference Tube DAC.
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?rdgtl&1186974908&openflup&76&4

Audio Aero Prima tube DAC. 6moons did a review of the Audio Aero Prima DAC and compared it with the Zanden tube dac. Here's the review. http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/audioaero/prima.html
Quickly having a peak at the Audio Aero mentioned above am I correct in what I saw that the tubes are soldered into place?

If so I find this very od, next is that doing this offeres no options of tube rolling.

AA Ref Tube dac, we already know this is a great pce and basically what Teajay replaced and that I also use to own.
hi teejay, does the concert fidelity dac use tubes ??

what is the name of the website, to get information about the dac ??

thanks.