stripped allen wrench screws

My allen wrench screws the hold the cover of my Doge 6 CDP are stripped ( from two previous owners that were compulsive tube rollers)....any ideas on how to remove them without damaging the unit or should I send it to Pacific Valve and Electric?
auralone
Take a philips screwdriver and gently tap the end with a hammer, drive the tip into the allen opening and try to create new grooves or a cross pattern that will grip the tip of the screwdriver enough to unscew it.
The screws on the D6 are supposed to be star, not allen. But when I had mine, a star wouldn't work and I had to use an allen. Pacific Valve was very suprised. Anyway, try a star before trying anything else. Oh - also, allens come in metric and US sizes, so you may have the wrong allen. Good luck and don't worry - stripped screws can be removed. Electronic repair places deal with that all the time if worse comes to worse.
Any reasonably well-stocked hardware or auto supply store will have what is called an 'easy-out' or screw extractor. It's a tapered bit with sharp fluted reverse threads. Buy one that is the right size for the allen screw recesses, along with a T-handle chuck to hold the easy-out, and the screws should come out 'easily.'

A 2nd for Sfar's recommendation. Lowes or Home Depot will have it. You can by a set to fit various size "stripped head" screws. Useful tool for other than audio as well.