Squeezebox touch sounds better than benchmark dac1

Atleast on my system, the squeezebox dac sounds less harsh and has more body. The system consists of Dali Helicon mark 2 and mf nu-vista m3 integrated. Now i'm looking another dac that gives me significant improvment in sounds without the brightness of the benchmark. Any recomendation beside the w4s dac2?
thuhaile
You might want to look into the Antelope Audio Zodiac series DAC's. I am using the Zodiac+ DAC with my Squeezebox Touch and it sounds fantastic. they just released their basic model Zodiac for $1695 that is the same except less inputs and outputs. They have an oven controlled clock that is very accurate. I have heard the Weiss is also excellent but it is more money-around 5K
Thanks. I got a good deal on the Transporter SE. Will give this a try first before getting another DAC
Not a significant surprise to me that the squeezebox's DAC is as good as or even preferred over the Benchmark. I've never been impressed with the Benchmark Dac. I have not heard the Antelope, but have read good things - but then again I also read a lot of good things about the Benchmark and after hearing it couldn't believe the positive comments.

Same thing with the Rega original disc players - lots of glowing comments about how great they are. When I finally had a chance to listen to one, yuck, I couldn't believe what I was reading by others vs. hearing myself.

With DACs, I am of the belief that so many of these "new", latest greatest chip-set dacs are put together cheaply and the key components of a good audio component are just neglected.

Every audio component needs to have a good power supply to sound its best (that means weight and cost). Same thing with other parts and its circuit design. Just having a good chipset doesn't make a good DAC, in fact, I have heard many great DACs with older chipsets (but great power supplies, circuits, outputs, etc. . . ) that just blow away some of these new DACs that only consist of the "newest" chipset.