Is the Transporter

I'm considering buying a Logitech Transporter to upgrade the sound of my computer/WiFi system. Logitech told me that the Transporter (SE)is being phased out and were frankly surprised that it was still on their website!

Questions for the expert masses...

- Buy one while I can or wait until the next big thing comes out? (and what is that?)

- Will/can the Transporter replace my preamp (Proceed AVP2)?

I have a Sonos set up now but I want better sound in my listening room. A DAC is always a possibility but I like the flexibilty and convenience a Transporter offers. I feel like the Transporter could be a great find or doorstop/boat anchor in the future...Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
vincent
Enia,

I know its been out for a few years but I find it curious that Logitech is doing away with a product that seems to be ahead of it's time and unique. Either they have something newer and perhaps better coming or the bean-counters are saying that high-end niche products do not help the stock price.

If I cant use it as a preamp then I would just use it as a Transport/DAC as you suggest. But now I'm back to wondering if I should'nt just put a DAC on my Sonos unit.
As Ozzy says, is the Transporter any better than a Squeezebox Touch with, say, a Wyred4Sound DAC? Any thoughts on comparisions? I'm currently using the W4S with a SB3.
Good question Ncarv. My original post question was supposed to be: Is the Transporter old news?

Can I get better sound than the Transport with a $1500 budget by purchasing a newer DAC like the W4S and connect to my Sonos? Is the squeezebox a better wifi head end than my Sonos? AND..is there a solution that would eliminate my pre amp? that would allow my budget to increase as well.

A lot of questions I know! HELP!
Consider going ALL OUT and getting a Modwright modified Transporter. This mod adds tubes to the signal to give it that tube magic and raises the bar substantially. You can find them used fairly easily here on audiogon. Check out this review from 6Moons: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/modwright3/transporter.html