Good CD Player under $800.00 used

Hello, I have been using a CAL Icon mk2 with powerboss hdcd for about 10 years. Sounded so good I never thought about upgrading until now. Upgrading to a diff amp soon as well. Anyway what are some of the best candidates under about $800.00 used? Thanks
ziggyt
Ziggyt,
The 8001 is a very good Redbook CD player.My friend and I have done several listening sessions comparing it to the JAS Musik 1.2,Astin Trew 3500,Musical Fidelity A 3.24 DAC,Citypulse 2.03 DAC,Cambridge Azur Dacmagic Dac and more.It is very difficult to choose between these players and Dacs.They all sound very good.In extended listening sessions,I've found that I prefer the two tubed output CD players.Both are slightly more detailed than the Marantz,and both have a little bit of that magic sparkle and presence.I also slightly prefer the three outboard DACS.The Citypulse and Cambridge are slightly more extended and detailed.The Cambridge also provides more Bass Slam.The MF is more delicate and clean sounding.All of this said,I could very happily live with the 8001 as my only CD player!