Is this the END of DAYS for the high end CD player

Seem like this format days are numbered like the cassette and LP. Why would you want to spend 5k or 10k+ for a high-end CD player or DAC combo??

Just trying to see what other audiophile’s thoughts are and where you guys & gals may be planing for the future. Do you stop here at the high end CD player and this format or go completely too digital files?

I'm at a quandary about investing into an expensive CD player setup.
apachef1
Not necessarily.

I bought my first "high end" turntable back in the 80's when vinyl was on the way out and CDs in becasue I had a big investment in records that I needed to protect and preserve.

That Linn Axis has served me exceptionally well and is still doing its thing today, even though I do not play my records tehse days nearly as often as I used to. But when I do, that investment I made in teh Linn 25 years ago is still paying dividends.

Same true perhaps for CDs today. If you have a lot, you need to play them with something. A good CD player is the easy option, though those who are up to it may be better served going the computer audio/music server route.
if you believe that the cd player, dacs, and transports, are in an evanescent phase, buy them while you can, as well as the cds themselves.

you will thus generate a collection of cds and have enough hardware to listen to them.

of course if you believe that computers and other technologies are the preferable to cd players and the like, the demise of said cd players is academic.

by the way niacin, are you a proponent of b-vitamins as a panacea for certain unhealthful conditions of the humna body ? if so, i would be interested in your words on the subject.