ARCAM rDAC

I am wondering if anyone got this here in NOrth america? I can't find any discussion about this new product. Anyhow, any thoughts on the overall sound about their USB async transfer by dCS? I really want this but as I search from my local arcam dealer they don't have it YET..

Thank you

Jason
jastorg1
Sorry - also, feeding the rDAC via USB from a PC, so the above is all with respect to the USB input.
I have had my rDac for 2 weeks now and have 50 hrs on it.
I use it soley USB from various computer set up's (Mac/W7/Linux) all running 4Gb Ram and SSD's and lossless files of varying descriptions.

I like this dac. It has an ease via usb that I have not experienced before. Bass is tight and controlled. Highs are extended. It is hyper detailed. Accurate. Overall very impressive kit. You see deep into a recording. Is best with simple music. Falls apart a little on orchestral. But hey - what does one expect for $400 or so.

It improves with burn in. Or my ears get used to it the more I listen. One or the other.

I would be interested to hear it against the QB9.

Regards
Andrew
Thanks for the reviews guys. Have either or you heard a current Aracm CDP? Any insight on how it compares?
Also, Arcam has been it bit polite in the highs in the past. Has this changed with the rDAC?
I haven't heard an Arcam CP player, sorry. There's a guy on one of the other forums who says using the rDAC moved his CD17 to CD37 levels, and also that Arcam's John Dawson preferred the CD37 feeding this DAC to the CD37's native DAC. I'm not sure what the rules are here about crossposting, so I won't, but you should be able to find it.

I can't comment on the relative highs, either. It doesn't sound "polite" to my ears, though.