Has anyone had eperience with the new sony xa5400e

Just wanted to see how many people have actually used this player and what were there thoughts on it
jonnyblaze
"Do you think most owners will say anything negative about something they own and may want to sell in the future?"

Well, that's certainly a possibility. It's also possible that the player is actually very good. I guess you might be forced into the horrible possiblity of listening to the thing before making a purchase.
Dweller,sounds like your unit has a problem,as mine does not exibit that behaviour. Jonnyblaze, if you dont beleive the people why bother with the question? It seems that most people on this forum that have tried it are impressed with it,(me being one). I think its a great value for the $, but I'm not saying it's the greatest player under 10k or any of the other claims that some have made. It replaced an AudioAero Prima in my system and to my ears has been an improvement. As always,try to get it into your system and see what YOU think.
I never heard it anywhere either, no place to listen to it hear. BUT, this is the first thread were people honestly did not describe it as the savior to audiophiles everywhere. I love the sound of my NAD Master Series M5, more expensive then the Sony by a bit, but it sucks to many, so who's to say ??
Winoguy17, I asked the question because I was hoping to get answers from people that were more than "this player is soo soo great, which I have recieved on this thread. People keep saying its a great value for the money, but for the price its listed as new is there somthing better used. Ill give an example my brother bought a used Acura for the same price as a new Kia. The Kia is a great value for the money, a new car for 13000. For 13000 I can get a nice lightly used acura which I would much rather have. Im not suggesting that the sony is like a kia, I know its a great player I just want to find out if theres somthing better used for the same money. Infact Ive narrowed it down to 2 other players which I have heard and liked, the esoteric dv50s or the naim cd5i. Being that Ive heard those 2 players and like them I would normally buy one of those, but Ive been so taken in by this sony player I thought Id check it out before I pulled the trigger on the naim or esoteric
I really like it in my system. I don't know of any used cdp's that might improve on it for the new price of the 5400 (I paid 1100) If you already have some sacd's and your current player isn't working out- I'd say go for it, if you can spare the cash right now.