Wyred DACS

They released the final specs for their DACs last week. Shipping this month. Anybody order? The DAC-1 is quite reasonable, but not upgradable to the asynch-USB, which the DAC-2 has. The DAC-2 also has the I2S but I don't know what it's gonna connect to.
cutterfilm
The message that I keep hearing about BNC vs. RCA is that BNC is a legitimate 75 ohm connector, whereas the dimensions of RCA prevent it from reaching a true 75 ohms. Because of this, BNC is the preferred connector if your gear allows it.
One of the problems with BNC is that very few top digital cables come with BNC terminations.

Neal
Even a $29.00 digital cable from Signal Cable comes with a choice of BNC or RCA for the same cost. Just did an RCA on one end and BNC on the other, seemed like no big problem.
I stand corrected, Pkubica. I checked the sites for Stealth and Nordost and they do supply digital cables with a BNC termination. I just have not seen many BNC terminated digicables on the used market, which is where many of us buy our digicables. I do have an inexpensive Chris Sommogio (ph.) cable from a few years ago that has a SPDIF adaptor over a bnc termination for greater versatility. I tried both when I had my prior DAC and could not hear any difference.

Neal
"06-29-10: Face
I have about 20 hours on my DAC-2, waiting until I get some more hours on it before writing a review on the unit. I will also have access to a DAC-1 to compare it to."

So Face, did you have a chance to compare yours to the DAC-1 yet? How do you like the DAC-2 so far?

I'm surprised that with as much hype that this DAC-2 product has received, that we haven't heard much in the way of accolades in how it sounds. People keep talking about its features, but not much yet about the actual sound. People must be buying them if they are continuously on back order, but yet we only read a couple brief comments about the sound. Is it possible that it isn't living up to people's expectations? Just wondering.