the oppo 83 special edition as a transport

i own the ps audio pwefect wave dac, perfect wave trannsport and am reviewing the oppo 83 special edition.

i have been genereally disappointed with the ps audio transport and not overly impressed with the dac.

just on a whim , i connected the oppo to the ps audio dac, using coax. i definitely do not like the hdmi connection.

the oppo and ps adio dac to my ears sounds less digital than the ps audio combination. to my perception the oppo/ps audio combo sounds listenable, while the ps audio combo sounds somwhat analytical.

perhaps 334 hours is not sufficient to break in the transport. but, if it is it raises some questions.

in addition, the oppo by itself sounds less harsh than the ps audio combo? what's going on, or is it purely taste ?
mrtennis
Why bother with the special edition if you're just going to use it as a transport? You know that only the analog stage and dac was upgraded, right?
My advice, sell the PS Audio transport and DAC and move on. From your posts, I don't think their sound suits your ear and I don't believe you'll ever be satisfied with either piece. (Not a bad thing, not every piece of equipment is everyones cup of tea) From reading reviews and other reports, try the new Bryston DAC with the OPPO. Or purchase the special addition of the OPPO, or one of several highly acclaimed OPPO mods that there are out there. I might suggest one of the Cary players, an Ayon, or ARC CD-7. I enjoy the sound of the PS Audio in my system, but if I weren't currently enjoying the sound, I'd be checking out some of the above, and if given the chance still might. If you purchase it used, on Audiogon, you can probably turn around and resell it in a few days without much of a loss if any.
hi tvad:

i did not audition the ps audio combo before ipurchased it. thus i took a chance based upon other factors. i should have known better.
Thank you Tvad for exposing this guy as a person who lacks credibility. Additionally, as a person who claims to be a reviewer, Mrtennis is asking some real ignorant questions.
hi vman71:

you make claims without any evidence. you are entitled to your opinion, but i explained that i made a mistake. we all make them. i did not say that the ps audio combo was inferior, the point of the thread is to compare the oppo to the pas audio. if you were more careful in your reading and more forgiving as a person you wouldn't be making unsubstantiated claims.