dcs debussy

some news?
there are some pictures from vegas.. but no info's on the homepage.
I am wondering about 24/192 compatibility and usb input..
alexismaster
Alexismaster congrats on your new Debussy
There is no need for debussy U clock your Debussy has already the "U" function [asychronous usb] so you only need a clock so Debussy master clock might be a good idea.
For the moment you might also look to Antelope audio OCX master clock as well.
Kops, just saw your reply from 2/10. I think I know perfectly well what I am talking about. I was seriously thinking about Puccini/U-Clock in the past and ruled it out very quickly.
There are plenty of 24/192 material available with a bit of effort. I do plan to archive my vinyl collections once I have everything setup as I want. It will definitely be in 24/192.
24/192 will only become more and more readily available. Take a look at Linn, LL recording, High Definition Tape Transfer among other. Look at DVD-A that are available with 24/192. Look at Chesky catalogue. I think you have no clue what you are talking about, 11 24/192 albums available?

The main point is that there is no easy way to play both 16/44 and 24/192 files through music server with dCS. Certainly not with one connection and I see this as a major deficiency. If you don't think it is, fine by me but I am just stating my preference.
I talked to dCS in the past and they are not promising anything.
You have absolutely no idea about my system or how I listen to music so it is better for you to shut up about what I am pretending to be or have.
Just because I want to make sure that I am ready for the future rather than wasting $10-20,000+ and either have to buy something else in a couple of years or need to send unit back for upgrade with added expense and time away from my music system, so I made an informed decision.
If dCS deficiency does not bother you, that's fine by me but don't tell me that I don't know what I am talking about.
Suteetat, I understand what you are saying. But I find that for the best sound, it is best to upsample all my files to 24/176.2 or 24/196 offline before storing them on hard drive. I use izotope for this. So I find the problem you mention to be moot when using the DCS. You should try upsampling a familiar 16/44.1 track to 24/176.2 using something cheap like Sample Manager ($75), use MBIT+ redithering and izotope resampling settings, and compare them. I think you will hear what I mean. The only downside is that the 20,000 tracks I have take up a couple of 2TB HDDs.
Interesting idea. I wonder though since there are so many way to upsample and some are better than other. Do you find using sample manager etc as good as using dCS to upsample?

At this time, I actually am using XXHighend program with arc predicton upsampling which I found to be much better than many other PC softwares that I tried. That certainly would also soft my problem with dCS. However since computer server is really still in its infancy, I am a bit hesitating about not having all the flexibility as far as connection is concerned if I want to change certain hardware or software down the road. So for now I think I am going to stick with my elcheapo audiophile wannabe Playback MPS-5.
Hi. I heard the u clock coupled with a dcs puccini cd/sacd player.

Questions if somebody can help me (am a real newbie in here):
1. If i buy debussy connected to a mac mini or macbook without the u clock, do you think i will achieve same results? I got the impression the u clock function is included in the debussy
2. Do you think connectin 2012 mac mini (with usb 3.0) with debussy (usb 2.0) will work?
3. It is almost 3 years that debussy is in market. Do you think i should wait before making a dcs dac for a newer model?