dcs debussy

some news?
there are some pictures from vegas.. but no info's on the homepage.
I am wondering about 24/192 compatibility and usb input..
alexismaster
Suteetat since you've no experience with debussy it's amazing to post a view for blaming something you don't really know.

dCS many many years ago introduced native 24/192 upsampling first, firewire connection between its components, dsd conversion (first), dxd...e.t.c.

Let's wait and see for the time being I found in this greek site this
http://www.avmentor.gr/dcs_debussy.htm

Now regarding firewire connection it is going to extinct from personal computers (only Apple still has it) so a future-proof company like dCS mind about long-lasting products.

As for 24/192 native material as far as we know this represents 1-1.5% of the global music production even reference recordings has only 11-12 titles; what 24/192 are you talking about?

Let's have hundrends of 24/96 done properly and then move-on.

You know you remind me some poor old audiophile-wannabees with Elcheapo 200$dac who think they are listening 24/192 or some 1500$ 24/192 firewire dac which really decodes 24/192 [12 rr titles] and in plain red-book cds [tons of millions] it's a crap........unless someone needs to impress his friends with 11 Hrx titles?

Just my 2 cents...
In addition to RR's 11, there are a few more at

http://www.klicktrack.com/2l/search?l=2L+FLAC+192kHz+24+bit

Zero affiliation...beyond downloading the Mozart Violin Concerto in 24/192...which rather impressed
I get now the debussy... wow!
very impressive!
I heard it in comparision with my puccini/U-clock.. and I feel this device is a step further in terms of overall clarity, imaging. Bass is really deeper and faster.
One of the very very best dac I ever heard, no doubt.
The only perplexity is about formal questions.. since the debussy is not equivalent to the U clock.. a little smaller and with different surfaces treatment. As a couple.. not so beautyful... :-(
I hope the next gear from dcs will be a DEBUSSY U CLOCK!!!
Alexismaster congrats on your new Debussy
There is no need for debussy U clock your Debussy has already the "U" function [asychronous usb] so you only need a clock so Debussy master clock might be a good idea.
For the moment you might also look to Antelope audio OCX master clock as well.
Kops, just saw your reply from 2/10. I think I know perfectly well what I am talking about. I was seriously thinking about Puccini/U-Clock in the past and ruled it out very quickly.
There are plenty of 24/192 material available with a bit of effort. I do plan to archive my vinyl collections once I have everything setup as I want. It will definitely be in 24/192.
24/192 will only become more and more readily available. Take a look at Linn, LL recording, High Definition Tape Transfer among other. Look at DVD-A that are available with 24/192. Look at Chesky catalogue. I think you have no clue what you are talking about, 11 24/192 albums available?

The main point is that there is no easy way to play both 16/44 and 24/192 files through music server with dCS. Certainly not with one connection and I see this as a major deficiency. If you don't think it is, fine by me but I am just stating my preference.
I talked to dCS in the past and they are not promising anything.
You have absolutely no idea about my system or how I listen to music so it is better for you to shut up about what I am pretending to be or have.
Just because I want to make sure that I am ready for the future rather than wasting $10-20,000+ and either have to buy something else in a couple of years or need to send unit back for upgrade with added expense and time away from my music system, so I made an informed decision.
If dCS deficiency does not bother you, that's fine by me but don't tell me that I don't know what I am talking about.