Logitech Duet vs. Dedicated Transport

Hello,

I have been very curious to learn about streaming music; I guess I'm late to the party as many people seem to be using Logitech's array of products. Specifically I was curious about a Duet streaming Apple Lossless files to a Benchmark DAC-1 and how this would compare to physical CD's being fed via a Museatex Meilor CD-1 transport which has been heavily modified.

Suffice to say most people haven't probably heard my transport but has anybody done side by side comparisons using the same DAC and a Logitech device vs a dedicated transport? I'm very anxious to hear some comments.
lush
i couldn't tell the difference between my squeezebox 3 and shigaraki transport, both feeding a shigaraki dac. just my ears in my system. ymmv.
I have a Redwine Audio modded sb2 that runs off a 12 volt scooter battery.I have had many cd players at prices up to 2000 and will choose the sb2 every time. Add the convenience of operation and you realize the CD will be an extinct medium very soon and record companies as we know them will cease to exist
I have lossless files going from my macbook to a Scott Nixon Dac, and even though I have had dac's costing 10 times as much, this is the best digital sound I have been able to achieve so far.
I have a SB3 that runs its digital out into a Lavry DA-10 DAC. I've got no urge to change to anything else. I sold my CD player a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.

I've also got a Duet in a second system that runs analog out to the amp. While it is not up to the external DAC, for the money it is very good - easily the equal of CD players several multiples the cost of the Duet IMO.