Cd player not working without remote

Hi folks:
My NAD 545 cd player buttons will not work without using the remote today. I have always just used the buttons on the machine, went to play it today and nothing will turn on, open/close etc. without using the remote. With the remote it all works just fine.

Any thoughts as to what is happening with this?
thanks
audiowoman
Try unplugging the unit and waiting a few minutes, then plug it back in. This may reset the unit.
Thanks Mofimadness: I did try this and have just tried it again for about 10 minutes. Still nothing. Again it works perfectly through using the remote. Scratching my head over this one, usually it is the remote that gives out
In addition to MoFi's advice I would add that when you unplug it. Press all the buttons on the front of the player. Sometimes there is stroed capacitance in the unit and the processor cannot free itself of all stored memeory unless there is a complete drain. Then replug it and try it. I would also consider popping the cover and check all connections. Maybe the face plate connection to the IC board has worked loose.
Ok Theo, I gave that a try and the "on" button worked when I pressed it, the other ones did not. I have unplugged again and pressed all the buttons and will leave itg unplugged overnight and see what happens.
I'm not too sure I'm up to taking the cover off the thing...