More of a Tube Sound In a Tube CD player

I'm looking for recommendations for a tubed player that has a bit of a tube sound (just a bit), compared to the others on the market. I already understand that if one wants a tubed sound in their system they really need tubed electronics and not to expect it from a player. I already have 2 tubed cd players, (Raysonic cd128/ modded Jolida JD 100). Used to have the Modwright Sony Platinum. I'm looking for a different player (Balanced) that is not quite as neutral and has a little warmth and a bit of the tubed sound. Do not like leanness or anemic bass, or rolled-off highs however. Like a full sound. I'm looking in the up to $2500 range (used). I suppose I would consider a solid state player if it just gets redbook right for my solid state integrated (Blue Circle). I've done plenty of research. It almost seems like an impossible task but you'd think there would be something out there that would get this done in the used market at $2500 or less. Thanks to all for your suggestions.
foster_9
Foster,
I had the AMR CD-77 and then wanted to try a less expensive digital player. I bought the Lector cdp7mk3 for just over 2k used and found it far more musical. The Lector had more tube bloom and resolution than the AMR. The Lector is also quite sensitive to tube selection. Bob
You might give the EAR Acute a listen. You can change the sound quality a bit by rolling the tubes. I liked the USA Amperex 7308s and Seimens CCas. Also has balanced outputs and analog volume control.
frankly i think mixing tubes and ss gets you just a bit of what each have to offer. better off going all ss or tubes imo

also fwiw i find Audio Note to be musical/neutral as opposed to 'tubey'
Lithojoe, I don't see the value to bash Tvad here. He provides many great contributions here. His observations on relative tube differences in the above post is an example of this. You could have contributed to the thread by sharing an example or two of a ss product that provides a "tube" sound.

As for a ss product achieving a tube sound, the problem with this approach is that once I choose such a product, I am stuck with the base sound. It may have some attributes that I seek with a tube product. But I can not alter this. I can not change the sound like I can with tube rolling. I can not even improve upon it if I like its fundamental sound. I am stuck with what the designer provided me.

If I want to trade off dynamic contrasts with a little more lush midrange or longer decays, I can change a tube. If I want a more extension on the trebles and am willing to give up extension in the bass, I can change a tube. And so on. The bottom line is, I can tune the sound to my own preferences. After living with tube products for 25+ years now, I am not ready to give up all the options available to me.

To stay on topic for the thread, my advice would be to stay with a transport and try as many tube DACs as one can. I have owned many tube DACs and some are very lush and 3D and others not all that impressive. Often times it is not the product but the effort to find tubes that take it to the level of performance that you seek. This is the point Tvad made in his last post here.

I owned the Electrocompaniet ECD1. It's a fairly good product, but it does not approach the "qualities" of the great tube DACs. The Classe DAC1 and Counterpoint DA-10 are much closer to the mark.
If you want just a little tube sound/warmth and you alreay have two tubed CDP's, why don't you consider a SS CDP that is slightly warm.

I would suggest you consider the EAD CDP, mine is exactly this. SS but is slightly warm but doesn't suffer from lack of extension on both extremes.