has anyone tried PS Audio perfect wave duo

any experience/thoughts on new PS audio perfect wave transport and dac
hifinut
Almarg, I think the Memory Player uses flash memory or claims to. I don't remember whether it retains its information, however. What is in this memory can then to downloaded to the hard drive.
Tbg -- From the owner's manual:

The memory for the PWT is not located in the rear SD card as is commonly assumed. The rear panel SD card holds the cover art and song title information as it is acquired. In addition, the SD card is used to program new firmware in the PWT.

The SD card is flash memory, of course, but as this indicates it is not what is used as the buffer memory for the music.

Regards,
-- Al
The buffer in the PW Transport and PWD Bridger is a RAM chip very similar to computer memory.

Also, they haven't decided if the Bridge will be wireless or not yet (I think it might have been another thread someone asked about that). They are considering doing something like Sonos does where you can plug a device into the router and create their own network mesh that doesn't bother depend on the limitations of standard WiFi.

This from the horses mouth last night (Paul of PS Audio).
Shazam,

That approach wouldn't surprise. Looks like PS is going down the high performance/proprietary architecture/customer lock-in route more like Sonos with this product line from what I can see.

The plus to this is that the stuff you buy from PS Audio should perform very and be easy to use together.

The down side is that you may be locked into PS Audio for upgrades and add-ons that are compatible down the road and may pay more for what you get as well.

Kind of like the Apple computer road that many gladly go down.