Speaker candidates/suggestions

Hi everyone! I’m thinking of upgrading the speakers in my second system and I could use your opinions and suggestions. I currently have a Belles Aria integrated and a Sugden A21 integrated that I switch around when the mood hits. I stream via Bluesound Node. My room is approx 15’ wide x 30’ length in size and carpeted. My system faces the long wall. My speakers are Tekton Lore Reference. Budget is $2-3k.My musical tastes are all over the place---I can listen to Ella, Johnny Cash, then Dean Martin then deep house and 80s alternative or classic rock. Listening volumes are average: 70s-80s db. I have a REL T7x if I need one.

From doing some research, I’ve come up with 3 candidates---let me know what you think:

1. Vandersteen 1ci+ (pairs well with Belles and somewhat efficient at 90db)

2. Fritz Carbon 7 SE MkII (also pairs well with Belles and Sugden and efficient, 88db)

3. Totem Bison monitor or Tower (of the 3 listed here, the Totems are the only ones I can audition here in town.) Not sure if the Sugden is enough for power.

Thanks in advance. I’m open to other speakers btw.

bluorion

I haven’t heard any of the speakers on your list but I have a pair of Fritz Rev 7 SEs that do well with all types of music.  I’ve auditioned a handful of others looking to replace them at some point but they stood up so well I’ve kept them.  I’ve compared them to B&W 805D4, Focal Sopra 1, Joseph Audio Pulsars, Fyne Audio 502SP.  Fritz might have a bit of a cult following but that’s cause they are very good speaker’s especially at the price point.

Hands down Revival Audio - Atalante 5 Speakers $5K and don't look back.

The best Loudspeaker bargain Anywhere Clayton Shaws open baffle Loudspeakers ,far better then they have a right to be at $3k a for sure must check out.

I  own the Fritz Carbons you are considering. A very easy to drive speaker. You get a home trial period. Give the owner a call.  With either amp you own they would be provided plenty of power.  I would think the class A  Sudgen could throw a party with them.  I use mine with two different amps in rotation, an EL34 tube amp or the Pass Labs XA25 SS. 

Thanks @mesch -- that's good to know. I saw on another post that Davis Belles also likes Fritz speakers. The Sugden class A is sublime.