Kickstarter project

Will you ever participate KICKSTARTER Project ?

128x128sabih

I took part in 4 Kickstarters. First was the Bluetti battery hoping to get off the grid for the phono front end. Was noisy so was a bad buy, but that’s not the point. Another kitchen gadget worked out fine. Second and third starters, never saw the products and lost my shirt. Learned my lesson the hard way. Buyer be ware.  

If things go well, being in a kickstarter can be good. You get to try prototypes and you might get the product for a reduced price. BUT… if it doesn’t pan out, you can lose your investment.

I have taken part in one Kickstarter project, and that was for the Fosi V3 class D Monoblocks....of which I ordered 3. The project was for various combinations of V3 monoblocks with either 5A or 10A external linear power supplies.... all at 25% to 30% of retail price when released.

The project was over subscribed many times over, and there were some headaches with expectations about arrival which have all worked out fine. I just received mine yesterday along with a "surprise" addition of a couple of high quality op-amps to roll. I will not have a chance to hook them up for some time, but the early reviews (users and professional) have been exciting so far. Based on that, I would use a Kickstarter project again.....but would be on a case by case basis

@vthokie83  Absolutely delighted you have receive your Fosi v3 mono amps please let us know your thoughts about v3 amps.