Solid State Power Amps

I’m currently using 2 PrimaLuna EVO 400 power amps. I want to try my EVO 400 preamp with solid state power amps. I am considering the BHK 300, MC830, Accuphase 250 or 300 and the Pass X260.8. My budget is around 25k. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. If there is something else please recommend it. 

128x128sgordoxyz

I have not followed this forum so I would not know. I apologize if it is annoying you. I’m interested in others opinions. Even your unhelpful one. 

Ok, here’s an opinion — pairing a $25k amp with a $5k preamp is stupid.  Hope that helps. 

Ok, here’s an opinion — pairing a $25k amp with a $5k preamp is stupid.  Hope that helps. 

I resemble that remark. I usually recommend my $2.5k preamp with any amp. My amp is $16.3k MSRP. I have had more expensive preamps before, and they did not sound as good.

If I had bought the KEF Blade 2 Meta speaker, I would have used the $2.5k preamp with a $36k amp.

Sometimes a stupid is the correct move. A bit of Forrest Gump there.

I've been all tube since the early '70s, but recently started exploring very low wattage, high quality SS for my Avantgarde Duos as an alternative to my Lamm ML2 SETs. Valvet is apparently a high quality, grainless, Class A amp and though the model I focused on was a mere 10 watts- they make bigger amps. Made in Germany, not well promoted in the States, but worth looking into. The US distributor is apparently someone who will work with you. I don't plan to replace the Lamms, but want an alternative for summer, and to avoid chewing through tubes when I want to listen to the main system. 

You might consider Krell.   Their 300 XD or the 175 XD should pair well and work wonderfully with your Sopras.   I am a big fan of the Krell sound, which I describe as powerful/tightly controlled bass, slightly warm musical mids, and articulate highs all well blended.   YMMV.

Good luck.

SMC audio. 
steve McCormack is some of the finest hand made gear out there 

call him. 

Pass is top class

mcintosh top hear