What was the most expensive record that you ever bought ?

Not how much you paid, though we could post this too.

My most expensive record is Japanese pro first pressing of Bitches Brew by Miles Davis. It sounds better than any other pressing, though I don't have US test pressing, which might sound better still. I paid, I think, $170 for it including shipping from Japan.

inna

Funny this subject came up. I have been on strike for the last 9 weeks and it has given me some time to clean and catalog my collection I'm not done yet but have been shocked as to what I have come up with thus far.  So far, the highest value for a single record has been Dido Quiex SV-P pressing median price $481.00, three for sale from $1,612.00. I paid between 20 and 30 bucks. The highest box is the Mo Fi Beatles Collection median price $825.00. I got that a few years back with the Rolling Stone Mo Fi box and the Sinatra Box for $900.00. But my prize is Alice in Chains Jar of Flies/ SAP autographed copy going for a median price of 300 buck, without the signatures. Who knew my record collection would do better than my IRA?

Post removed 

@hysteve - I'm sure it sounds great, but that must have been the one reviewer who didn't think the QRP double-45 sounded best. Different setups, different systems, etc, it's all good, but personally I have yet to hear a double-45 that didn't sound even better than a great quality 33 1/3.

I bought that version of 'Aja' for the $150 list price (the most expensive single album I ever bought), and yeah, that's very amazing, too. I've also got a perfect condition promo copy of 'Aja' from when it first came out; that sounds excellent, but doesn't come close to the QRP. 

I don't remember the most expensive I bought;  probably some of the MFSL from the early 2000s.  But the most expensive I sold was one of those--a sealed, limited edition (fairly low number) copy of Pink Floyd's Meddle for $1100.

The only thing that's sucks is you spend big money on an unopened lp and one day you sell it for even bigger money.To find out it's a different copy and not the one on the cover...  So I don't buy sealed copies ,buyer  beware there is fraud everywhere......